Saturday 30 April 2011

What did you do

On the day of the Royal Wedding?

I got up early and topped up the soil around the potatoes and watered the fruit trees/shrubs. Then I went to body combat classes where some of the members were in red white and blue, one wearing an enormous red velvet top hat!

Home just in time to see Kate leave the hotel and from that point, depsite intentions otherwise, was transfixed until they left the Abbey. And of course, I wept!!! That was the main reason not to watch the whole thing. Big J thought I was being anti-royal....it was more a case of avoiding the 'see wedding dress and weep' syndrome that strangely afflicts me!

Wedding eve saw the beginning of a little creation for my NEW MOBILE PHONE. Finally upgraded from the 95p number that was really more of a toy than phone. The new one is posh looking, but simple enough for me to operate and to celebrate, work commenced on a holder....


Discovered that superglue will not hold velcro onto crocheted cotton and sadly attempts to use it resulted in a big crusty smear of dried glue on the underside of the flap. This morning a little bit of lining was added as a cover-up job, along with the flower. I am loving it. Hubby thinks it impractical, but who else has such a nice phone holder!


Thanks to Lucy at Attic24 for her little flower pattern.

No comments: