Wednesday 11 May 2011

Comfort


My grandmother made this blanket, which was on our bed in when we stayed with my parents in Australia. She also made one for her six other children, (Mum is one of 7). She made lots of blankets for Save the Children as well and was given an award for her years of work. She used to wonder if she would ever see one of her blankets on news reports from refugee camps in Africa. I am not sure she ever did.

I could do with a bit of a lie down under the comfort blanket followed by a few hours of soothing crochet. Just feel like it. Everything is very stretched.

Han-solo cannot go on the DofE expedition unless she completes a first aid course. (Music exams clashed with the session run by the school). FINDING a course for one is hard work and it looks like a day off school might be necessary. Many hours spent on that and still no result.

At work I am organising a seminar for GPs on behalf of the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Unit and today need to go in to work to put things together. Nothing like last minute dashing around.

At least I am up early and have seen off all my loved ones. The weather looks as though it will be nice, again!

Aim for today is to do things SLOWLY and not rush.....bit of rose smelling on the way.

No comments: