Thursday 9 August 2012

Busy Lizzie

That's me. A flying visit to Whitley Bay over the weekend to celebrate mum in law's 80th. We took her to Corbridge for lunch, very nice place and some very nice shops. We also visited Hexham where Big J bought me a painting of a crow on a beach. Really! You have to see it to get it. I love, love, love it and it is now above our bed. It is by an artist called Fiona Clucas

On Sunday just after lunch the heavens opened and parts of WB and Newcastle were flooded. Big J managed to get me to Newcastle train station with only minutes to spare before the train left. Work on Monday meant an early return for me.

On Tuesday night I drove to Bedfordshire to see my bestie who is back from Japan. What fun, laughing, tears, talking (we are a bit hoarse). Less than 24 hours to catch up but it was wonderful.
I drove back on Wednesday night and we celebrated a neighbour's 70th with him.

Today I am tired but tomorrow night we fly off to Malaga which is a pit stop for our Rick Stein inspired visit to Spain. Driving from Malaga to Seville then Jerez, Cadiz and back the long way to Malaga again.

NOTHING is packed, washing still needs to be done lists made, dinner made even....so I am off  to get on with it and to try and chill a bit because I am one stressy woman at present.

No comments: